Tuesday, June 7, 2011

so what if we got a little Jimmered

I couldn't tell you the first thing about basketball. 

Ironic for a girl who grew up with the last name Hoopes.

Yet any self-respecting BYU alum knows who Jimmer Fredette is.

When we found out Jimmer (and Jackson Emery--as well as the entire BYU basketball team) were giving a basketball camp in Utah--Jackson knew immediately what he wanted for his 12th birthday. 

So we flew to SLC.  Just me and the only [not foster] son. 

"What could be so great about watching a short-ish pasty slightly dorky white guy play basketball?" {methinks}.  Then Jimmer played a little basketball.  Not a dork.  Recant. 

Now slightly starstruck, I amused myself by snapping shots here and there, videotaping Jimmer doing his drills in front of 400 mesmerized kids until I was politely asked to stop taking photos and go upstairs where the parents were supposed to be sitting.













3 comments:

Sims Family said...

Something he will remember forever and tell his grandkids about. :)

Ashley said...

It was so fun to have you here! Although Shelby made me promise that next time Ellison was coming for sure. :)

Becky said...

Best birthday present ever! Lucky guy!!! We are headed to just plain ol BYU BB camp next week. I'm not telling my kids what they missed out on. :)