Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Fitness Comittment Update

Friday, Day 5: Spinning Class. It's crucial to have good music with a strong beat in spinning class. I can do anything to a rhythm for awhile. I love a good spinning class. This one had excellent music, a lot of 80s.

Saturday, Day 6: Susan (my sis) came into town from Yuma and we needed a break from our kids (eight total) so we loaded them into the car(s) and took them to the gym so we could have an uninterrupted conversation on the treadmills. This wasn't a repeat for me, since I wasn't running. I would call it power-walking with a steep incline. Susan might call it tripping on the treadmill every 10 steps.

Tuesday, Day 7: Vinyasa Flow Yoga. Adore is too tame a word to describe my feelings for yoga. Especially the group nap at the end with my new best friends/yoga homies under the guise of "breathing exercises". Little Miss-Contortionist-Yogi-Chick-Teacher got a little persnickety when I didn't want to wake up after class was over. I wanted to remind her in a gentle, Zen-like fashion that child care is for two hours in this gym, and that I still had one hour left before I had to pick up Charlotte [who wore her Cinderella getup to the gym today]. But I left before she called security.

McThrewHisBackOutLastWeek would be proud that I'm maximizing my gym membership.

This is going great! I do enjoy mixing it up a bit. Off to prep my Isagenix protein shake...

12 comments:

dave.heather said...

You rock!! And I feel your pain...
I don't know what I was eating over the summer (OK - so I went through an IN-N-OUT phase - animal style!), but suddenly all my bras are too small (and NOT in a good way), I can't button my jeans, and my back jiggles when I walk my kids to school. Not cute. Definitely need to get back into a regular gym schedule...tomorrow...first thing...after the laundry...and after I scrapbook a little...maybe after lunch...or maybe the next day.

Steven and Eunice said...

You should try ZUMBA! I was talking a class prior to my pre-law classes starting and I absolutely loved it. It is full of beat and rythym and it takes the weight off!!
www.zumba.com (you can find a class near you via the website)

Jared and Delia said...

You are amazing. I had a gym membership for over two years with FREE kids care and I worked out like 25 days total out of those two years. Sad! Thanks for giving me more motivation to move!

Janet said...

I totally agree with you about the spinning class, if the music is bad the class will be too! Way to go! You are awesome! (I totally had someone approach me last week to try/sell Isogenix. I haven't totally looked into it yet--would love to get your take on it).

karen said...

Janet,

Aunt Sally got me into it! I don't do the whole program with the cleanse, (although I should)but I do enjoy their shakes. I think I'm used to them by now--they were different at first (I compared them to SlimFast which has a TON OF sugar) but with half a banana, Sonic Ice, and maybe a teaspoon of peanut butter, they're really quite palatable and I look forward to them even. I will probably have one for dinner tonight. Check it out some more--Aunt Sally lost a ton of weight with the Isagenix regimen.

Ashley said...

Way to go Karen!

Chelle said...

You've got some great variety here, and some great motivation too. I would think the extra rolls on my tummy would be enough motivation for me, but my bed feels too good in the mornings.

I wish I could love Yoga the way you do. Every time I try it I'm reminded of how flexible I'm NOT.

I'm looking forward to knowing what it is you try next.

Natalie said...

Sounds like good times for the Toblers. Are you training for something? Ya wanna join me on my tri thanksgiving day?????

or how about just a simple run called "Run from the Sun" Nov. 14th. You can choose a 1/2 marathon, 5k, or a fun run with the fam!

Becky said...

What?!?! 2 hours at the gym? Hello dream! I would love to try yoga again. Actually I would love to try exercise again. You are making me very jealous and fat-feeling. Keep up the variety and ENJOY. So proud of you! Spin away, sista.

Fletch said...

Dang. I need to take a nap now after reading this.

I'm impressed. I think you should keep posting your regime. It's super entertaining.

Nancy H Killian said...

Forget the diet and exercise ~
Just email me the cookie recipe!

Tobler Family said...

What cute photos down below. We love you guys!