Monday, September 14, 2009

Day 8: Quite strenuous hike at Tonto Natural Bridge. [more on that later]. We went camping with Marc's cousins Michael and Alice this weekend [more on that later].

We've been a little laid up around here with some sort of insidious stomach thing. Everybody but Marc and Caroline has had it. (thus far). Needless to say, there hasn't been a whole lot of exercising going on around here, unless my exercise in futility counts.

Now--what in the Sam Hill am I going to do with all these peaches?

7 comments:

Jared and Delia said...

Jam of course! THe Ball freezer kind is the best since you don't have to cook it and it only uses 1 1/2 c. of sugar per batch instead of 6-7.

Sorry everyone is sick. HOpe ya'll get better.

Ashley said...

Where'd they all come from? Gosh, they look delicious. Hope you are feeling better.

Becky said...

I got some in Brigham City a couple weeks ago. YUM, is all I have to say about that.

I don't can, I don't bottle, I don't make jam. So....I sliced them and froze them and we have enjoyed 2 peach coblers lately. Next year I will try my hand at something else. :)

Sherri said...

I've been feeling the same way!

*Canned lots of them last night.

*Made freezer peach jam & peach pie today.

Think I'm going to be all peached out!

lawtrix said...

I don't have any good ideas, but the peach baked goods you brought over last night were scrumptious...

Anonymous said...

hi,
kristi here..i ordered some mormon peaches from my friend at work...google: peach lush. YUM. also, giada has some wonderful peach recipes. i can eat the whole box and i thought that i really didn't EVEN like peaches! way to go utah!

Janet said...

How was your hike? I'm so glad that the bridge was open! I would freeze some peaches for smoothies and the rest I would dry--I love dried fruit and it lasts forever!