Saturday, December 20, 2008

Digging Deep


Jackson: "Mom, what do you want for Christmas?"

Me: "A Bosch." (top of the line mixer for aspiring domestic goddesses such as myself. My friend Carol Fawson is schooling me in the art of bread making).
Jackson: (perplexed, as he should be) "Way to dig deep, mom."


This is the same Big Guy who, as of late, has been sneaking up ever so early on Sunday mornings, (his father and I ignoring the clanks and clatter in the kitchen at 6:30am on the only day we get to sleep in). He's produced a couple of extremely edible breakfasts.
I'm talking waffles, scrambled eggs, hash browns, and bacon (microwavable, but still).

Love you, my nine year old chef.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is great...a man that can cook. well, a boy that will BE a man someday. you know what I mean. what is with ALL of the cubs shirts in your family? that cracks me up. where on earth is your Christmas card?!?!

karen said...

Sorry Anonymous. But alas, there will be no Tobler Christmas cards this year...just never got around to it. I'm working on an email maybe before January is over?!?
Merry Christmas, whoever you are!

Anonymous said...

I was wondering where my Christmas card was.I bet you were wondering also.It is the same set of circumstances here.Where do we find the time? Love to all The Toblers from the Wehbes.

Anonymous said...

it is kristi....sorry, i have not figured how to comment yet! :) i always looked forward to the Tobler card..oh well, i guess i will have to see you all in person instead when we deliver the bouncey! lol

Laurel said...

I love the look of the new Bosch's. mine is the old style that take up a ton of room. And with my luck (and their reputation) it will never die.
I love that Jackson cooks!

Carol F. said...

Jackson is going to LOVE that Bosch soon!!! He will be so grateful and maybe you can gift him one when he gets his Masters Degree like my parents did for me. he he.